Monday, 18 July 2011

My 1st Blog Award!!

The lovely Kath (read her blog here) who I know from Knit and Natter has given me the Versatile Blogger Award which I'm pretty chuffed about. My first blog award! I have to reveal seven facts about myself before passing the award onto seven other bloggers. So here we go:

1 - I am Scottish although I've not really lived in Scotland very much and I was actually born in Spain. People think I have a funny accent and many have tried to convince me that I am: South African, from the West Country, Australian, and even Canadian. This is incredibly annoying.

2 - I am bilingual and have spoken Spanish (as well as English) since I learned to speak. I also speak French and some Italian and have an MA (HONS) in Translation and Interpreting.

3 - I have lived in: Madrid, Puerto Rico, Edinburgh, Granada (Spain), Mons (Belgium), Billericay, and now I live in Braintree. Edinburgh is where my heart is and one day I'll live there again.

4 - I am rubbish at maths and generally steer away from even trying any difficult sums. I think this is to do with the fact that I changed schools as a kid and went from learning British maths then American maths (so different) and then back to British maths. Confusing!! I can actually do the same sum three times using a calculator and get three different answers... And don't even bother asking me about algebra...

5 - I absolutely cannot eat eggs. The mere thought of eating them makes me feel queasy. I can only eat eggs in cakes and in Spanish omelette if I have made it myself. My husband always has scrambled eggs for breakfast when we stay in hotels and it always makes me want to vomit. Bleugh, even just writing this has made my tummy flip over.

6 - I recently learned to crochet and absolutely love it! I have so many ideas of things I want to make and more styles I want to learn that sometimes I don't know where to start!

7 - I am impatient, hate being told what to do, and detest being late. If I am late, it's always because of someone else (usually my husband) and that really annoys me!



Ok, so now that you know a bit more about me, I nominate seven other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award and they are:

Mrs Thrifty of A Thrifty Mrs
The Girl from Just Me
Clara from Welcome to My World
Hummingbird Vintage
Mrs Biddle from Mrs Biddle's Bits and Bobbins
Sami from Teasemade
Mollie from Wild Olive

1 comment:

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...