Thursday 26 April 2012

A hint of colour

We recently redecorated the hall, dinning room, stairs and landing and spruced the place up a bit after nearly four years of a cream colour on the walls. I was fed up with the boring-ness of the cream and the walls were starting to look grubby. After consulting my sister on what colours and shades to go for, we opted for a deep purple feature wall in the dining room and a deep ocean blue on the wall that goes up the stairs.

I've managed to get some mediocre pics to show you, but the grey horrible weather and the dreadful light we've had this week has meant that you don't get the best out of these colours. Hey ho! 


Pictures are of Rome which we took on our honeymoon


Be gone boring cream wall!
 The rest of the walls are now a warmer shade of cream which has made such a difference. We have a rather dark hall and landing so we had to stick with a light colour so not to end up with it looking like a black hole! With all the woodwork repainted white, it looks all new and clean which delights me greatly!

Mirrors free from my sister who was ditching them, pictures were an engagement gift

The next room on the list for redecorating is my office which will become the little poppet's nursery but this is on hold until we know whether it's a boy or a girl. I'm not really looking forward to giving up my only personal space in the house, but I guess it will be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...