Wednesday, 25 April 2012

WIP: Crochet with fabric - update

Absolutely ages ago I had the idea to dye and cut up some old bed sheets to use to crochet with. Well, I have finally gotten around to cutting the sheets into strips and I'm now in the process of stitching them together to make the 'yarn' that will become something.

It has been a long and faffy process not helped by my need to have everything 'right' so I can't say that this will become a regular occurrence. I decided to stitch the strips together rather than knot them as I want the finished article to be fairly smooth and comfy under foot. My initial idea is to make a bedroom rug so I don't want whopping big bobbles in it as that would probably hurt your tootsies!

If you look closely, you will see that I have stitched right up the middle of the strips as I found this to be the least fiddly way to stitch them all together, even though it's actually more time consuming. I think the row of stitching can be a feature of the rug! This did however mean that I had to buy more white thread as it just ate up all my supply!

I'll be back at some point to show you what it looks like when I crochet with it!

1 comment:

  1. You must have a lot of patience to do that. Cant wait to see what you make.

    X x


Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...