Friday 6 May 2011

Finished WIP: Crochet Blanket

A few weeks ago I posted about a WIP which seemed to be taking longer and longer to finish, well I'm now pleased to say I've finished it!!

Check out my giant granny square blanket!



It has been a hard slog at times and this week I have been racing to get it finished. It's a bit like finishing a jigsaw or something, you can see the end in sight and just want to get it done! 

The blanket measures 85x85cm which I think it fairly impressive for a first blanket. It weighs 375g which equates to about 7.5 balls of wool and so many hours of working on it that I couldn't even begin to guess! 


I knew I wanted a simple but effective scalloped edge to finish it off and I'm quite pleased with how well this one turned out. This was the first time I've made an edging, I got the pattern from How To Crochet and it was easier than I thought it would be!  


This giant granny square is a simple colour pattern of 1 round in blue, 2 rounds in pink, all the way round until I got the size I wanted. Then I did 4 rounds of double crochet to give it a good border and then the scalloped edge all the way round to finish it off in blue.



My Granny would be proud of it and it's amazing to think that all you need to make some thing like this is a hook and a bit of wool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...