Wednesday 29 June 2011

Felty inspirations

Last year, when Mr PC and I went home to Scotland (it's my 'home' as in where I belong/come from - long story) we went to Hopetoun House for a look round. I actually considered is as a venue for our wedding and although it is absolutely stunning, it was also absolutely out of our budget! Anyway, I digress.

We visited this lovely house on the outskirts of Queensferry and I 'oohed' and 'aahed' at pretty much everything from the gorgeous chairs to the curtains and wall hangings. In one of the bedrooms there was a beautiful four poster bed with newly refitted curtains and a matching bedspread. I was so amazed at the pattern and the fact that it was all hand cut and sewn, I couldn't stop looking at it! I was even more impressed that is was made from recycled linens!


It's actually quite simple felt appliqué but it really caught my eye and I've been mulling it over ever since. Mr PC promised to devise me a pattern from the pictures and I've been thinking of sewing a table runner or some placemats. 



It will be a challenge especially as I'm rubbish with scissors and cutting neatly (I must have missed that day at school), but it might be worth the effort if I can replicate this for my own home.


Have you been anywhere recently that has inspired you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...