Friday 28 January 2011

Baking is good for the soul...

...and so is cake!

I love to bake just as much as I like to eat cake. Unfortunately eating cake doesn't do my waistline many favours, so now I generally stick to baking for occasions when it can be shared out. This weekend I shall be baking an early birthday cake for my Hubby as we are having an early celebration on Sunday.

Here are a few photos of cakes I've baked recently:

 Cherry cupcakes with buttercream icing





 Lemon curd cupcakes with lemon frosting


 Vanilla cupcakes with pink vanilla frosting


 Car cake with buttercream icing


 Lavender cupcakes with lavender frosting


 Mince pies (I know, technically not a cake but it's still baking!)

 Pineapple and coconut cakes


Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting


 Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting


 Christmas cake with royal icing

 3 tier cake, fruit, chocolate sandwich and red velvet wit fondant icing

Fruit cake with fondant icing

Ooh, now I really want cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...