Sunday 23 January 2011

Hurrah!!

I FINALLY found a frame for my cross stitched 'Home Sweet Home'!!!

This has been a bit of a task - finding a NICE square frame that was the right size, colour and style. But, now I have found one, phew! It is all framed and ready to hang on the wall as soon as Hubby looks out the hammer and nails (I am not 'allowed' to hang pictured by myself, can't think why...)

So here it is, and I must say I'm rather pleased with it!!





I even put one of my labels on the back. And I know it sounds silly to put 'Handmade by Kerry' on the back of something that I made for myself but here are two very good reasons why I should:
1) They are pretty labels (at least I think so)
2) IF it lasts the test of time, my grandchildren will see it was stitched by Granny : )

The photos are a bit shoddy due to it being dark, but you get the picture (pardon the pun!). Once it is hung and in situ, I shall post another piccie. Can't tell you how glad I am to have this out of my Work In Progress box!!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely job! It can take ages to get around to the framing part of things can't it? I have a couple of cross stitches all finished and ready but I need to find the perfect frame for them, I've a feeling they're going to be hanging about for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am still rather pleased with how it turned out. Why are frames so expensive and hard to find in the right size?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...