Friday 30 September 2011

The Cook List

Last week I posted my Bake List which is my top 12 'must bakes' which I will attempt to achieve during the next year or so. Today is the turn of my Cook List. these are my top 12 'must cook' recipes which I have never made before. So, in no particular order, here is my Cook List:

The Cook List

1. Lamb shank pie
2. Boeuf bourguignon (as per the Julia Child cookbook from the Julie/Julia Project)
3. RagĂș and polenta (as per the Two Greedy Italians)
4. Cloutie dumpling (as per our secret family recipe)
5. Steak and Guinness pie
6. Onion bhajis and samosas
7. Mini beef wellingtons
8. Salmon en croute
9. Chicken breast stuffed with haggis and served with a Drambuie sauce
10. Beetroot chips (like the Tyrells ones you get that look like pot pourri)
11. Sausage rolls, from scratch inc pastry
12. 40 garlic clove chicken (as per Nigella Lawson)

So there it is! Have you noticed how not a single one of these dishes is particularly healthy? I think I shall have to do one a month so not to end up the size of a double decker!

What would be on your Cook List?

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic and yummy list.

    I was brought the Julie/Julia cook book and I cooked the boeuf bourguignon and whilst yes it was lovely I can honestly say it was hard work and not one I would do again.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been curious about Boeuf bourguignon, especially after watching Julie/Julia.

    I'd also love to make beef wellington!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the boeuf bourguignon recipe does look like a fiddle faddle but I feel the need to try is at least once!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...