Monday 9 January 2012

WIP: Ribbed cushion

After spending the run up to Christmas making things for gifts, I was ready to make a project for myself and after a bit of pondering I settled upon making a crocheted cushion. I've been inspired by one of the girls from Knit and Natter who has made a number of ribbed cushions and so I rooted about in my stash to see what I could find.

I had some lovely dark brown coloured DK (altho it looks purple in the pics for some reason) in my stash which is actually from my Granny's stash that I decided to double up to make it chunky. This meant I spent a couple of hours unwinding and untangling the wool and then reballing it ready for some hooking. It's amazing how therapeutic playing with tangled wool can be...

Ribbed double crochet
Bubble wanted to help model the cover

Squeak was too busy to help...

I don't have enough of this wool to make the second side, so I've decided to make the other side with a cream chunky wool which I grabbed at Hobbycraft over the weekend (£2 per ball!). To make things a bit more interesting, I'm making the cream side using the basket weave technique which another of the girls from Knit and Natter showed me. It might just be my new favourite!

What are you working on at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...